Shirdi Saibaba temple has ornaments worth Rs 50 cr
Nagpur: The famous Saibaba temple at Shirdi in Maharashtra, one of the richest shrines in the country, has ornaments and jewellery worth Rs 50,53,17 473 and a total fixed deposits to the tune of Rs 6,27,56,97488 as on March 31 last year including investments in Kisan Vikas Patra.
The ornaments and jewellery worth has increased by Rs 11,04,50,335 as compared to figures of year ended on March 31, 2011 which was total of Rs 39,48,67,138.
Similarly, the total value of fixed deposits, investments in Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) is of Rs 23,34,00,000 at end of last fiscal year against Rs 40,84,00,000 (KVP) of previous year (March 31, 2011), according to the annual report of the Sai Baba Trust, Shridi which was constituted by the Government of Maharashtra for smooth functioning of activities in 2004.
The fixed deposits with various nationalised banks have increased by Rs 1,38,06,28,921 during the financial year of 2011-12, the yearly report, which was tabled during the Winter Session of State Legislature in late December 2012, said.
Gold worth Rs 9,20,55,539 was added to its kitty during the year 2011-12 from the existing value of Rs 27,95,27,935 (March 31, 2011).
However there were no additions of gold coins and gold pendants during 2011-12.
The Trust has foreign currency on hand worth Rs 17,05,137. It was spending Rs 76,74,26,961 on various charity work (grant in aid) including Rs 45 crores towards development of proposed airport at Shirdi and for hosting Sai Bhajan Sandhya (musical evening) in London at an expense of Rs 24,69,239, the report said.
The temple has received total donations during the year to the tune of Rs 2,06,14,96,152 including Rs 1,60,45,78,233 from charity boxes (both cash and kind), the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India