Shirdi temple gets Rs 4.14 cr in donation during Guru Purnima
Shirdi: Three-day Guru-Purnima festival at the famous Saibaba temple here concluded on Wednesday, with about four lakh devotees from different parts of the country visiting the shrine.
The temple trust received Rs 4.14 crore through donations, including cash of Rs 2.62 crore in the cash-boxes, trust sources said.
Devotees donated 723 grams of gold ornaments, including a gold `chilim` (cigar).
Donations in foreign currencies too were received from NRI devotees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’