Shirdi`s Saibaba trust received Rs 305 cr donations
Shirdi: The Saibaba temple trust here received Rs 305.39 crore in donations last fiscal, an increase of about Rs 30 crore over the previous year, a trust official said.
The cash collection in the donation boxes in the temple was Rs 176 crore in 2012-13.
Of the Rs 305.39 crore donations, Rs 10 crore was in the form of foreign currencies of 22 countries, trust`s executive officer Kishor More said.
The temple also received Rs 15.54 crore in the form of gold, silver and diamonds.
The rest of the donations were received in the form of cheques, DDs, money-orders, or at the cash-receipt counters.
At the end of FY 2012-13, the trust had fixed deposits of Rs 860 crore at nationalised banks, 300 kg gold, 3,000 kg silver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah