Shiv Sena activists arrested for assaulting party corporator
Mumbai: Four Shiv Sena workers have been
arrested for allegedly assaulting their party corporator at
Worli in central Mumbai, police said today.
The accused -- identified as Babu Dhotre, Chintamani,
Somgardian and Rajesh Pandey -- were arrested last night from
Worli area and were today produced before a local court which
granted them bail, they said.
The accused were apparently upset with corporator
Parsuram Desai over the appointment of the party`s Worli area
head Ganesh Merchant replacing Datta Narvarkar, police said.
The four were under the impression that Desai had
influenced this appointment, they said.
On Tuesday, the accused allegedly thrashed Desai with
bamboo sticks at his residence, police said.
Desai was later rushed to Nair Hospital. He was
discharged from the hospital next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step