Shiv Sena activists arrested for assaulting party corporator
Mumbai: Four Shiv Sena workers have been
arrested for allegedly assaulting their party corporator at
Worli in central Mumbai, police said today.
The accused -- identified as Babu Dhotre, Chintamani,
Somgardian and Rajesh Pandey -- were arrested last night from
Worli area and were today produced before a local court which
granted them bail, they said.
The accused were apparently upset with corporator
Parsuram Desai over the appointment of the party`s Worli area
head Ganesh Merchant replacing Datta Narvarkar, police said.
The four were under the impression that Desai had
influenced this appointment, they said.
On Tuesday, the accused allegedly thrashed Desai with
bamboo sticks at his residence, police said.
Desai was later rushed to Nair Hospital. He was
discharged from the hospital next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?