Shiv Sena activists arrested for assaulting party corporator
Mumbai: Four Shiv Sena workers have been
arrested for allegedly assaulting their party corporator at
Worli in central Mumbai, police said today.
The accused -- identified as Babu Dhotre, Chintamani,
Somgardian and Rajesh Pandey -- were arrested last night from
Worli area and were today produced before a local court which
granted them bail, they said.
The accused were apparently upset with corporator
Parsuram Desai over the appointment of the party`s Worli area
head Ganesh Merchant replacing Datta Narvarkar, police said.
The four were under the impression that Desai had
influenced this appointment, they said.
On Tuesday, the accused allegedly thrashed Desai with
bamboo sticks at his residence, police said.
Desai was later rushed to Nair Hospital. He was
discharged from the hospital next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why