Shiv Sena activists arrested for assaulting party corporator
Mumbai: Four Shiv Sena workers have been
arrested for allegedly assaulting their party corporator at
Worli in central Mumbai, police said today.
The accused -- identified as Babu Dhotre, Chintamani,
Somgardian and Rajesh Pandey -- were arrested last night from
Worli area and were today produced before a local court which
granted them bail, they said.
The accused were apparently upset with corporator
Parsuram Desai over the appointment of the party`s Worli area
head Ganesh Merchant replacing Datta Narvarkar, police said.
The four were under the impression that Desai had
influenced this appointment, they said.
On Tuesday, the accused allegedly thrashed Desai with
bamboo sticks at his residence, police said.
Desai was later rushed to Nair Hospital. He was
discharged from the hospital next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'