Shiv Sena activists arrested for assaulting party corporator
Mumbai: Four Shiv Sena workers have been
arrested for allegedly assaulting their party corporator at
Worli in central Mumbai, police said today.
The accused -- identified as Babu Dhotre, Chintamani,
Somgardian and Rajesh Pandey -- were arrested last night from
Worli area and were today produced before a local court which
granted them bail, they said.
The accused were apparently upset with corporator
Parsuram Desai over the appointment of the party`s Worli area
head Ganesh Merchant replacing Datta Narvarkar, police said.
The four were under the impression that Desai had
influenced this appointment, they said.
On Tuesday, the accused allegedly thrashed Desai with
bamboo sticks at his residence, police said.
Desai was later rushed to Nair Hospital. He was
discharged from the hospital next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi