Shiv Sena asks Centre to ease norms for using loudspeakers
New Delhi: Shiv Sena has asked the Centre to increase the number of days for relaxation from noise pollution control norms which allows loudspeakers to be used till 12 pm instead of the usual 10 pm.
With Ganesh Utsav round the corner, Shiv Sena wants the norms to be relaxed from the present 15 days to 30 days annually so as to benefit all religions.
A memorandum to this effect was given by Shiv Sena MPs Rahul Shewale and others to Union Environment and Forests Minister Prakash Javadekar.
In the memorandum, they said that now for the ten days of the Ganesh Utsav, the state government has marked only four days on which these norms will be eased and loudspeakers will be permitted till 12 pm.
They said several other festivals last many days and people would be able to celebrate better if there are more days on which the loudspeakers can be used longer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her