Shiv Sena asks Centre to ease norms for using loudspeakers
New Delhi: Shiv Sena has asked the Centre to increase the number of days for relaxation from noise pollution control norms which allows loudspeakers to be used till 12 pm instead of the usual 10 pm.
With Ganesh Utsav round the corner, Shiv Sena wants the norms to be relaxed from the present 15 days to 30 days annually so as to benefit all religions.
A memorandum to this effect was given by Shiv Sena MPs Rahul Shewale and others to Union Environment and Forests Minister Prakash Javadekar.
In the memorandum, they said that now for the ten days of the Ganesh Utsav, the state government has marked only four days on which these norms will be eased and loudspeakers will be permitted till 12 pm.
They said several other festivals last many days and people would be able to celebrate better if there are more days on which the loudspeakers can be used longer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer skincare: Pamper your skin with these natural ingredients!
- Bihar road rage case: Accused Teni Yadav's bail plea rejected
- 26/11 attacks: US says it wants justice, asks Pakistan to ''cooperate'' with India
- What's the joke? Riteish Deshmukh and Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull3' moment!
- Facebook, Microsoft join hands to build undersea internet cable