Shiv Sena-BJP alliance to continue in Aurangabad: Munde
Aurangabad: The alliance between the Shiv Sena and BJP will continue in Aurangabad despite the violence among the office-bearers and workers of both the parties.
BJP leader Gopinath Munde, who was in the city, declared this at a press conference yesterday night.
Munde said that the Standing Panel Chairman Raju Shinde is suspended from the party. The Shiv Sena leaders were also present on the occasion. Ambadas Danve, the Sena district chief apologized for the incidences of violence and said that such attacks would not take place henceforth.
Notably, the rift started between both the partners on June 2 when Raju Shinde of the BJP won the standing panel chairman election of the Aurangabad Municipal Corporation
(AMC) defeating the alliance candidate and former mayor Vikas Jain. He was supported by the Congress, NCP and other front members.
Sena members ransacked the AMC meeting hall on June 19 and damaged furniture in the hall and broke the glass walls.
Later police resorted to cane-charge in which one corporator was seriously injured.
Later the Shiv Sena activists attacked the house of former minister Haribhau Bagde and damaged it. Police had registered offence against the accused. After the incident,
suspected Shiv Sena activists attacked the BJP city office in the Osmanpura locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read