Shiv Sena-BJP alliance to continue in Aurangabad: Munde
Aurangabad: The alliance between the Shiv Sena and BJP will continue in Aurangabad despite the violence among the office-bearers and workers of both the parties.
BJP leader Gopinath Munde, who was in the city, declared this at a press conference yesterday night.
Munde said that the Standing Panel Chairman Raju Shinde is suspended from the party. The Shiv Sena leaders were also present on the occasion. Ambadas Danve, the Sena district chief apologized for the incidences of violence and said that such attacks would not take place henceforth.
Notably, the rift started between both the partners on June 2 when Raju Shinde of the BJP won the standing panel chairman election of the Aurangabad Municipal Corporation
(AMC) defeating the alliance candidate and former mayor Vikas Jain. He was supported by the Congress, NCP and other front members.
Sena members ransacked the AMC meeting hall on June 19 and damaged furniture in the hall and broke the glass walls.
Later police resorted to cane-charge in which one corporator was seriously injured.
Later the Shiv Sena activists attacked the house of former minister Haribhau Bagde and damaged it. Police had registered offence against the accused. After the incident,
suspected Shiv Sena activists attacked the BJP city office in the Osmanpura locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez