Shiv Sena, BJP hit back at Shinde saffron terror remarks
Mumbai: The BJP and Shiv Sena on Sunday slammed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s for his remarks on the involvement of the former in spreading `saffron terrorism` in the country.
Shiv Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said that if Shinde has any evidence, he should show it.
"Shinde is the Home Minister. If he has proof then he should show it," Raut said, adding "we feel ashamed that he belongs to Maharashtra."
Criticising Shinde`s remark, Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde said, "If he has the evidence, he should appeal to the Election Commission to de-recognise the party."
"Terrorism has no religion or caste. I feel pity of him. If he has evidence then he should prove it. We are not spreading terrorism but we give answers to it," he said.
Speaking at the AICC meeting in Jaipur earlier today, Shinde said that "Reports have come during investigation that BJP and RSS conduct training camps to spread terrorism...Bombs were planted in Samjhauta express, Mecca Masjid and also a blast was carried out in Malegaon".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Turkey tanks enter Syria in anti-Islamic State operation
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh