Shiv Sena, BJP hit back at Shinde saffron terror remarks
Mumbai: The BJP and Shiv Sena on Sunday slammed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s for his remarks on the involvement of the former in spreading `saffron terrorism` in the country.
Shiv Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said that if Shinde has any evidence, he should show it.
"Shinde is the Home Minister. If he has proof then he should show it," Raut said, adding "we feel ashamed that he belongs to Maharashtra."
Criticising Shinde`s remark, Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde said, "If he has the evidence, he should appeal to the Election Commission to de-recognise the party."
"Terrorism has no religion or caste. I feel pity of him. If he has evidence then he should prove it. We are not spreading terrorism but we give answers to it," he said.
Speaking at the AICC meeting in Jaipur earlier today, Shinde said that "Reports have come during investigation that BJP and RSS conduct training camps to spread terrorism...Bombs were planted in Samjhauta express, Mecca Masjid and also a blast was carried out in Malegaon".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you