Shiv Sena, BJP hit back at Shinde saffron terror remarks
Mumbai: The BJP and Shiv Sena on Sunday slammed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s for his remarks on the involvement of the former in spreading `saffron terrorism` in the country.
Shiv Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said that if Shinde has any evidence, he should show it.
"Shinde is the Home Minister. If he has proof then he should show it," Raut said, adding "we feel ashamed that he belongs to Maharashtra."
Criticising Shinde`s remark, Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde said, "If he has the evidence, he should appeal to the Election Commission to de-recognise the party."
"Terrorism has no religion or caste. I feel pity of him. If he has evidence then he should prove it. We are not spreading terrorism but we give answers to it," he said.
Speaking at the AICC meeting in Jaipur earlier today, Shinde said that "Reports have come during investigation that BJP and RSS conduct training camps to spread terrorism...Bombs were planted in Samjhauta express, Mecca Masjid and also a blast was carried out in Malegaon".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead