Shiv Sena, BJP hit back at Shinde saffron terror remarks
Mumbai: The BJP and Shiv Sena on Sunday slammed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s for his remarks on the involvement of the former in spreading `saffron terrorism` in the country.
Shiv Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said that if Shinde has any evidence, he should show it.
"Shinde is the Home Minister. If he has proof then he should show it," Raut said, adding "we feel ashamed that he belongs to Maharashtra."
Criticising Shinde`s remark, Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde said, "If he has the evidence, he should appeal to the Election Commission to de-recognise the party."
"Terrorism has no religion or caste. I feel pity of him. If he has evidence then he should prove it. We are not spreading terrorism but we give answers to it," he said.
Speaking at the AICC meeting in Jaipur earlier today, Shinde said that "Reports have come during investigation that BJP and RSS conduct training camps to spread terrorism...Bombs were planted in Samjhauta express, Mecca Masjid and also a blast was carried out in Malegaon".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly