Shiv Sena, BJP support Hazare stir; Maharashtra relay fast continues
Mumbai: Maharashtra Opposition Shiv Sena and
BJP on Wednesday came out in support of social activist Anna Hazare,
on the second day of his indefinite fast in Delhi, demanding
implementation of Jan Lokpal Bill.
"We are supporting Hazare`s agitation in the public and
country`s interest," Sena chief Bal Thackeray said.
However, on a pessimistic note, Thackeray said he was not
aware "how many germs of corruption will be killed due to this
spraying of pesticide of hunger strike."
Maharashtra BJP president Sudhir Mungantiwar, speaking at
a function at state party office in South Mumbai on the
occasion of the party`s 32nd anniversary, said the party was
committed to rid the society of corruption and will extend
`solid support` to Hazare.
Meanwhile, Hazare`s agitation continues to receive strong
support in his home state, with activists holding relay fast
and holding demonstrations to show their support.
In Hazare`s Ralegan Siddhi village in Ahmednagar
district, his supporters are on relay-fast in solidarity
with the soldier-turned-crusader.
In Mumbai, activists of `India Against Corruption`
movement are on a relay fast at Azad Maidan here, to support
They are joined by NGOs like the Jagruk Nagrik Manch,
Loksatta, Bombay Catholic Sabha, Art of Living, Bharat
Swabhimaan Nivas and Medha Patkar`s Ghar Bachao Ghar Banao
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'