Shiv Sena corporator shot dead
Thane: A Shiv Sena corporator of Badlapur Municipal Council in Thane district was today shot dead by unidentified persons, police said.
The assailants opened fired at Sena leader Mohan Raut at around 11.30 AM in Apte Wadi locality of Thane`s Badlapur township.
Raut, in his late thirties, was rushed to Ulhasnagar Central Hospital where he was declared brought dead, police said.
The motive behind the killing was yet to be ascertained, police said, adding that it was immediately not known as to how many persons were involved in the killing.
Investigations were on into the murder, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living