Shiv Sena corporator shot dead
Thane: A Shiv Sena corporator of Badlapur Municipal Council in Thane district was today shot dead by unidentified persons, police said.
The assailants opened fired at Sena leader Mohan Raut at around 11.30 AM in Apte Wadi locality of Thane`s Badlapur township.
Raut, in his late thirties, was rushed to Ulhasnagar Central Hospital where he was declared brought dead, police said.
The motive behind the killing was yet to be ascertained, police said, adding that it was immediately not known as to how many persons were involved in the killing.
Investigations were on into the murder, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report