Shiv Sena demands Ajit Pawar`s resignation
Nashik: The city unit of Shiv Sena on Monday demanded resignation of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over his insensitive remarks over drought, which has ravaged over a dozen districts in the state.
Sena activists staged a demonstration against the NCP leader and beat his posters with shoes to express their protest over the remarks made at a function in Indapur taluka of Pune district yesterday.
Party leaders said the apology rendered by Ajit was not enough and he should quit.
Later police arrived at the protest site and detained the agitating activists.
Meanwhile, Ajit`s effigies were burnt by Sena workers in temple town of Shirdi in Ahmednagar district.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?," Ajit had said, kicking up a controversy. The NCP leader followed it up with another remark poking fun at load-shedding in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming