Shiv Sena demands Ajit Pawar`s resignation
Nashik: The city unit of Shiv Sena on Monday demanded resignation of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over his insensitive remarks over drought, which has ravaged over a dozen districts in the state.
Sena activists staged a demonstration against the NCP leader and beat his posters with shoes to express their protest over the remarks made at a function in Indapur taluka of Pune district yesterday.
Party leaders said the apology rendered by Ajit was not enough and he should quit.
Later police arrived at the protest site and detained the agitating activists.
Meanwhile, Ajit`s effigies were burnt by Sena workers in temple town of Shirdi in Ahmednagar district.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?," Ajit had said, kicking up a controversy. The NCP leader followed it up with another remark poking fun at load-shedding in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best