Shiv Sena demands Ajit Pawar`s resignation
Nashik: The city unit of Shiv Sena on Monday demanded resignation of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over his insensitive remarks over drought, which has ravaged over a dozen districts in the state.
Sena activists staged a demonstration against the NCP leader and beat his posters with shoes to express their protest over the remarks made at a function in Indapur taluka of Pune district yesterday.
Party leaders said the apology rendered by Ajit was not enough and he should quit.
Later police arrived at the protest site and detained the agitating activists.
Meanwhile, Ajit`s effigies were burnt by Sena workers in temple town of Shirdi in Ahmednagar district.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?," Ajit had said, kicking up a controversy. The NCP leader followed it up with another remark poking fun at load-shedding in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars