Shiv Sena demands Ajit Pawar`s resignation
Nashik: The city unit of Shiv Sena on Monday demanded resignation of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over his insensitive remarks over drought, which has ravaged over a dozen districts in the state.
Sena activists staged a demonstration against the NCP leader and beat his posters with shoes to express their protest over the remarks made at a function in Indapur taluka of Pune district yesterday.
Party leaders said the apology rendered by Ajit was not enough and he should quit.
Later police arrived at the protest site and detained the agitating activists.
Meanwhile, Ajit`s effigies were burnt by Sena workers in temple town of Shirdi in Ahmednagar district.
"If there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?," Ajit had said, kicking up a controversy. The NCP leader followed it up with another remark poking fun at load-shedding in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers