Shiv Sena firm on building Bal Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Saturday reiterated its demand to build their late patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park, where he was cremated.
Anticipating the possible removal of the temporary cremation structure by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) administration, the Shiv Sena supporters gathered at the park to oppose any such move.
Shiv Sena spokesperson and Member of Parliament Sanjay Raut said that it is matter of people`s sentiment and the government must consider their demands.
"Any government or any law can`t disobey the people sentiments. If people are wishing to build a memorial for their beloved leader, then neither government nor BMC can do something against our will," said Raut.
The BMC had sent a notice to BMC Mayor and Sanjay Raut for removal of the temporary structure, which has become a place of pilgrimage with hundreds visiting it every day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes