Shiv Sena firm on building Bal Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Saturday reiterated its demand to build their late patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park, where he was cremated.
Anticipating the possible removal of the temporary cremation structure by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) administration, the Shiv Sena supporters gathered at the park to oppose any such move.
Shiv Sena spokesperson and Member of Parliament Sanjay Raut said that it is matter of people`s sentiment and the government must consider their demands.
"Any government or any law can`t disobey the people sentiments. If people are wishing to build a memorial for their beloved leader, then neither government nor BMC can do something against our will," said Raut.
The BMC had sent a notice to BMC Mayor and Sanjay Raut for removal of the temporary structure, which has become a place of pilgrimage with hundreds visiting it every day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested