Shiv Sena firm on building Bal Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Saturday reiterated its demand to build their late patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park, where he was cremated.
Anticipating the possible removal of the temporary cremation structure by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) administration, the Shiv Sena supporters gathered at the park to oppose any such move.
Shiv Sena spokesperson and Member of Parliament Sanjay Raut said that it is matter of people`s sentiment and the government must consider their demands.
"Any government or any law can`t disobey the people sentiments. If people are wishing to build a memorial for their beloved leader, then neither government nor BMC can do something against our will," said Raut.
The BMC had sent a notice to BMC Mayor and Sanjay Raut for removal of the temporary structure, which has become a place of pilgrimage with hundreds visiting it every day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah