Shiv Sena firm on building Bal Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Saturday reiterated its demand to build their late patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park, where he was cremated.
Anticipating the possible removal of the temporary cremation structure by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) administration, the Shiv Sena supporters gathered at the park to oppose any such move.
Shiv Sena spokesperson and Member of Parliament Sanjay Raut said that it is matter of people`s sentiment and the government must consider their demands.
"Any government or any law can`t disobey the people sentiments. If people are wishing to build a memorial for their beloved leader, then neither government nor BMC can do something against our will," said Raut.
The BMC had sent a notice to BMC Mayor and Sanjay Raut for removal of the temporary structure, which has become a place of pilgrimage with hundreds visiting it every day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf