Shiv Sena firm on building Bal Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Saturday reiterated its demand to build their late patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park, where he was cremated.
Anticipating the possible removal of the temporary cremation structure by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) administration, the Shiv Sena supporters gathered at the park to oppose any such move.
Shiv Sena spokesperson and Member of Parliament Sanjay Raut said that it is matter of people`s sentiment and the government must consider their demands.
"Any government or any law can`t disobey the people sentiments. If people are wishing to build a memorial for their beloved leader, then neither government nor BMC can do something against our will," said Raut.
The BMC had sent a notice to BMC Mayor and Sanjay Raut for removal of the temporary structure, which has become a place of pilgrimage with hundreds visiting it every day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical