Shiv Sena has double standard, says NCP
Mumbai: NCP Monday criticised Shiv Sena over the lead report in the saffron party`s mouthpiece `Saamana` Monday, which quotes the party supremo Bal Thackeray as appealing to Hindus to disrupt the India-Pakistan cricket matches, and said Thackeray often did not know what was being published in his name.
"Shiv Sena is politicising cricket in the name of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. Bal Thackeray is not aware of the editorials published in his name," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here.
Malik said that just after the Kargil war of 1999, former Pakistan cricketer Javed Miandad had visited Thackeray at his residence `Matoshree` here, where "Uddhav and Raj (Thackeray) were waiting at the gate to welcome Miandad".
It was to Miandad`s son that fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim`s daughter was married, Malik noted, adding that Shiv Sena was exhibiting "a double standard".
Referring to Maharashtra Congress chief Manikrao Thakre`s recent statement that NCP was party of "goons", Malik said if it was the case, people would not have voted the Sharad Pawar-led party to power in four civic bodies across four districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves