Shiv Sena has double standard, says NCP
Mumbai: NCP Monday criticised Shiv Sena over the lead report in the saffron party`s mouthpiece `Saamana` Monday, which quotes the party supremo Bal Thackeray as appealing to Hindus to disrupt the India-Pakistan cricket matches, and said Thackeray often did not know what was being published in his name.
"Shiv Sena is politicising cricket in the name of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. Bal Thackeray is not aware of the editorials published in his name," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here.
Malik said that just after the Kargil war of 1999, former Pakistan cricketer Javed Miandad had visited Thackeray at his residence `Matoshree` here, where "Uddhav and Raj (Thackeray) were waiting at the gate to welcome Miandad".
It was to Miandad`s son that fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim`s daughter was married, Malik noted, adding that Shiv Sena was exhibiting "a double standard".
Referring to Maharashtra Congress chief Manikrao Thakre`s recent statement that NCP was party of "goons", Malik said if it was the case, people would not have voted the Sharad Pawar-led party to power in four civic bodies across four districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month