Shiv Sena has double standard, says NCP
Mumbai: NCP Monday criticised Shiv Sena over the lead report in the saffron party`s mouthpiece `Saamana` Monday, which quotes the party supremo Bal Thackeray as appealing to Hindus to disrupt the India-Pakistan cricket matches, and said Thackeray often did not know what was being published in his name.
"Shiv Sena is politicising cricket in the name of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. Bal Thackeray is not aware of the editorials published in his name," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here.
Malik said that just after the Kargil war of 1999, former Pakistan cricketer Javed Miandad had visited Thackeray at his residence `Matoshree` here, where "Uddhav and Raj (Thackeray) were waiting at the gate to welcome Miandad".
It was to Miandad`s son that fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim`s daughter was married, Malik noted, adding that Shiv Sena was exhibiting "a double standard".
Referring to Maharashtra Congress chief Manikrao Thakre`s recent statement that NCP was party of "goons", Malik said if it was the case, people would not have voted the Sharad Pawar-led party to power in four civic bodies across four districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Quit TV as I couldn't do saas-bahu shows: Surveen Chawla
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'