Shiv Sena has recovered from shock of Thackeray`s demise: Uddhav
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray, son of the late party supremo Bal Thackeray, has said the party has come out of the shock of the Sena patriarch`s demise in November last year.
"We have recovered. We have to recover. Otherwise, we would not have sent the Pakistanis packing home," Uddhav said in an interview to party mouthpiece `Saamana` here today.
Sena had protested against Pakistani hockey players who were in India to play in the Indian Hockey League. The players returned to Pakistan before the league started.
To a query on reported attempts by ruling alliance partners Congress and NCP to divide Sena, Uddhav described the two parties as "two cats who are ready to pounce on butter".
"However, Sena is no butter but cannonball and if it fires, the two parties will suffer divisions," Uddhav said.
As to MNS legislator Bala Nandgaonkar`s claim that 40 Sena leaders were in touch with him (ready to cross over), Uddhav said, "Even if one goes (to MNS), I will publicly felicitate you."
"Shiv Sena is strong and the Shiv Sainiks are staunch. No one is unhappy in the party, which would go the way shown by Balasaheb. I will not allow anarchy in the party," Uddhav said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed