Shiv Sena lambasts govt for ignoring drought in Ko
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Sunday criticised the government for neglecting drought conditions in Konkan region, and hit out at industries minister Narayan Rane for being ineffective on this front.
According to the party, Thane, Raigad, Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg districts have received less than 50 per cent of rainfall.
"Still, the 49 talukas in this region were not included in the list of 122 talukas declared drought hit. If the region`s guardian minister has not been able to give justice to the four districts, how will he take care of the entire state," the party MLC and secretary Vinayak Raut asked without naming Rane, one of the chief ministerial hopeful.
Rane, who is now with the Congress, had held the chief ministerial post in 1999 when he was in the Shiv Sena.
The party legislators and office bearers will meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan soon to demand inclusion of 49 talukas from Konkan in the drought hit talukas list.
On Friday, Chavan submitted a demand for Rs 3,761.61 crore financial package from the Centre for drought relief. The package includes Rs 942 crore for agriculture sector schemes, Rs 927 crore for water resources schemes, Rs 100 crore for water supply schemes and rest for fodder camps, supply of drinking water through tankers, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam