Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray in critical condition, say doctors
Mumbai: The health condition of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray turned "very critical" Wednesday night.
Thackeray, 86, is in a "very critical" condition, doctors treating the Sena leader told a news agency.
As the news spread, several party workers assembled outside his residence, `Matoshree`, in suburban Bandra, where security has been stepped up.
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan along with his son Abhishek visited the Shiv Sena leader. Thackeray’s nephew MNS chief Raj Thackeray was also seen at ‘Matoshree’.
Thackeray, who is ailing for sometime, continues to be under constant medical supervision.
A team of doctors stationed inside `Matoshree` with nursing staff has been taking care of the Sena patriarch, who is having breathing problems.
Last month, he could not attend his party`s annual Dussehra rally in Mumbai, but addressed it through a video recorded message.
Several leaders, including former President Pratibha Patil, have visited Thackeray`s residence over the past few days to enquire about his health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's
- Terminally ill fan watches 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' before passing away
- WATCH: James Faulkner's BRILLIANT hat-trick vs Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media