Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray in critical condition, say doctors
Mumbai: The health condition of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray turned "very critical" Wednesday night.
Thackeray, 86, is in a "very critical" condition, doctors treating the Sena leader told a news agency.
As the news spread, several party workers assembled outside his residence, `Matoshree`, in suburban Bandra, where security has been stepped up.
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan along with his son Abhishek visited the Shiv Sena leader. Thackeray’s nephew MNS chief Raj Thackeray was also seen at ‘Matoshree’.
Thackeray, who is ailing for sometime, continues to be under constant medical supervision.
A team of doctors stationed inside `Matoshree` with nursing staff has been taking care of the Sena patriarch, who is having breathing problems.
Last month, he could not attend his party`s annual Dussehra rally in Mumbai, but addressed it through a video recorded message.
Several leaders, including former President Pratibha Patil, have visited Thackeray`s residence over the past few days to enquire about his health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!