Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray in critical condition, say doctors
Mumbai: The health condition of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray turned "very critical" Wednesday night.
Thackeray, 86, is in a "very critical" condition, doctors treating the Sena leader told a news agency.
As the news spread, several party workers assembled outside his residence, `Matoshree`, in suburban Bandra, where security has been stepped up.
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan along with his son Abhishek visited the Shiv Sena leader. Thackeray’s nephew MNS chief Raj Thackeray was also seen at ‘Matoshree’.
Thackeray, who is ailing for sometime, continues to be under constant medical supervision.
A team of doctors stationed inside `Matoshree` with nursing staff has been taking care of the Sena patriarch, who is having breathing problems.
Last month, he could not attend his party`s annual Dussehra rally in Mumbai, but addressed it through a video recorded message.
Several leaders, including former President Pratibha Patil, have visited Thackeray`s residence over the past few days to enquire about his health.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- VVIP chopper scam: Govt to seek CBI report, blacklist AgustaWestland; Sonia Gandhi rejects allegations against her
- Pakistani fanatics heckle, show shoe to Kabir Khan at Karachi airport - Watch
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9