Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray in critical condition, say doctors
Mumbai: The health condition of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray turned "very critical" Wednesday night.
Thackeray, 86, is in a "very critical" condition, doctors treating the Sena leader told a news agency.
As the news spread, several party workers assembled outside his residence, `Matoshree`, in suburban Bandra, where security has been stepped up.
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan along with his son Abhishek visited the Shiv Sena leader. Thackeray’s nephew MNS chief Raj Thackeray was also seen at ‘Matoshree’.
Thackeray, who is ailing for sometime, continues to be under constant medical supervision.
A team of doctors stationed inside `Matoshree` with nursing staff has been taking care of the Sena patriarch, who is having breathing problems.
Last month, he could not attend his party`s annual Dussehra rally in Mumbai, but addressed it through a video recorded message.
Several leaders, including former President Pratibha Patil, have visited Thackeray`s residence over the past few days to enquire about his health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people