Shiv Sena leader Narvekar joins NCP, to contest from Maval
Mumbai: Shiv Sena spokesman Rahul Narvekar, who recently withdrew his candidature from the Maharashtra Legislative Council elections, on Monday joined NCP and will contest the Lok Sabha polls on the party`s ticket from the Maval constituency.
He joined NCP in the presence of senior leader and deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar here.
Narvekar, son-in-law of senior NCP leader Ramraje Naik Nimbalkar, was the spokesman of Youth Wing of Shiv Sena, which is headed by party president Uddhav Thackeray`s son Aditya.
The Sena leader was apparently sulking over the withdrawal of his nomination and had recently met NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
His withdrawal from the fray had paved the way for nine candidates getting elected to the Legislative Council unopposed.
Narvekar, who was his party`s face on English language news channels, had said he sit out of the Council elections on the direction of the Sena leadership.
Gajanan Babar, the sitting MP from Maval, recently quit Shiv Sena after being denied the ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir