Shiv Sena leader`s murder: Ichalkaranji bandh peaceful
Kolhapur: The Ichalkaranji bandh, called
by Shiv Sena On Saturday to condemn yesterday`s murder of the party
unit`s deputy chief Santosh Babar, 32, was peaceful, Gaonbhag
Santosh Babar was allegedly killed by four persons at
Deccan Mill Chowk in Ichalkaranji. Babar was returning from
Kolhapur after attending party workers meeting. When Babar
reached the Chowk on his motorcycle, the four assailants
attacked him with swords. Police said that at 6 pm, the four
persons stopped Babar at the Chowk and took out swords.
Babar tried to escape but they stabbed on his head,
back and shoulder. Santosh fell on the road in a pool of blood
and he died on the spot. Attackers fled away after incident.
Police said that motive behind the murder is a land
dispute, some past clashes between two groups and a quarrel
with regard to poster of Shiv Sena supremo Balasaheb
Thackeray. Police said the names of suspicious attackers are:
Sudarshan Babar, Sanjay Deshmane, Raju Patil and Pravin Raval.
Sudarshan Babar and Raju Patil are accused in another
murder case and they are out on bail. Meanwhile, after the
murder, tension prevailed in Ganesh Nagar area and some people
attacked the house of accused Sanjay Deshmane. Police were
deployed in that area to control the situation.
Police are investigating further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!