Shiv Sena made Nirupam big: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj
Thackeray on Thursday blamed Shiv Sena for making Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam "big" after he dared the Thackerays to move around
A war of words is currently on between the Congress MP
and Shiv Sena following Nirupam`s remark that north Indians
can bring life in Mumbai to a standstill.
Earlier in the day, Nirupam dared the "three Thackerays"
to step out without security. He had meant Shiv Sena executive
president Uddhav Thackeray, his son Aditya, and MNS chief Raj.
In his reaction, Raj Thackeray said he would certainly
deal with Nirupam. "I will burst crackers after Diwali is
over," he said.
But the MNS chief, who left Shiv Sena a few years ago,
did not lose the opportunity to remind that Nirupam was once
a `Shiv Sainik`.
"Long back, I had been telling them (Shiv Sena) not to
make Nirupam big. Why the Dopaharka Samna (Sena`s Hindi
mouthpiece) was started? To win the Hindi votes. Shiv Sena
made him big, now he is attacking them," Raj said, pointing
out that it was Sena which made Nirupam an MP the first time.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena leader and Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay
Raut termed Nirupam as "cockroach".
"We will crush him. Diwali is on, wait for two more days.
There are thousands of Hindi-speakers in Mumbai and nobody had
ever raised voice. But leaders like Nirupam are inciting
them," Raut told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick