Shiv Sena makes record collection at blood donation camp
Mumbai: Over 25,000 bottles of blood were collected at a blood donation camp organised here Sunday by the Shiv Sena -- setting a new world record on the quantity of blood collected at a single camp, a party office bearer said.
"The previous record of around 17,000 bottles of blood collected in a single such camp in the Guinness World Record has been overtaken by the Shiv Sena Sunday," said Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray.
The camp was organised at the NSE Ground in Goregaon in northwest Mumbai -- marking the memory of the martyrs of the Samyukta Maharashtra Movement of the 1950s, which resulted in the formation of Maharashtra on May 1, 1960, said Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery