Shiv Sena makes record collection at blood donation camp
Mumbai: Over 25,000 bottles of blood were collected at a blood donation camp organised here Sunday by the Shiv Sena -- setting a new world record on the quantity of blood collected at a single camp, a party office bearer said.
"The previous record of around 17,000 bottles of blood collected in a single such camp in the Guinness World Record has been overtaken by the Shiv Sena Sunday," said Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray.
The camp was organised at the NSE Ground in Goregaon in northwest Mumbai -- marking the memory of the martyrs of the Samyukta Maharashtra Movement of the 1950s, which resulted in the formation of Maharashtra on May 1, 1960, said Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’