Shiv Sena makes record collection at blood donation camp
Mumbai: Over 25,000 bottles of blood were collected at a blood donation camp organised here Sunday by the Shiv Sena -- setting a new world record on the quantity of blood collected at a single camp, a party office bearer said.
"The previous record of around 17,000 bottles of blood collected in a single such camp in the Guinness World Record has been overtaken by the Shiv Sena Sunday," said Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray.
The camp was organised at the NSE Ground in Goregaon in northwest Mumbai -- marking the memory of the martyrs of the Samyukta Maharashtra Movement of the 1950s, which resulted in the formation of Maharashtra on May 1, 1960, said Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested