Shiv Sena makes record collection at blood donation camp
Mumbai: Over 25,000 bottles of blood were collected at a blood donation camp organised here Sunday by the Shiv Sena -- setting a new world record on the quantity of blood collected at a single camp, a party office bearer said.
"The previous record of around 17,000 bottles of blood collected in a single such camp in the Guinness World Record has been overtaken by the Shiv Sena Sunday," said Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray.
The camp was organised at the NSE Ground in Goregaon in northwest Mumbai -- marking the memory of the martyrs of the Samyukta Maharashtra Movement of the 1950s, which resulted in the formation of Maharashtra on May 1, 1960, said Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot