Shiv Sena MLA, supporters ransack toll booth
Nashik: Shiv Sena MLA Anil Kadam and his supporters on Thursday allegedly ransacked a toll-booth near Pimpalgaon Baswant on the Mumbai-Agra national highway in Nashik district of Maharashtra, enraged over demand of toll.
Video footage aired by a private news channel also purportedly showed Kadam abusing the all-female staff at the booth.
Police said that Kadam apparently lost his cool because the staff demanded toll from him while the MLAs are exempted from toll.
Kadam was travelling in a private car at the time.
However, police authorities could not confirm if any case had been registered against Kadam, who represents Niphad constituency in Maharashtra Assembly.
In a similar incident late last night, supporters of Samjajwadi Party MLA Abdul Rashid Momin ransacked a tool booth at Kasheli near Bhiwandi in Thane district and assaulted the staff because the legislator was asked to pay toll.
While the MLA was present during the incident, he later denied that he had instigated or led the attack.
In an unrelated incident, toll recovery at Mangrulphata on the Mumbai-Agra national highway was affected after Chandwad MLA Shirish Kotwal (independent) and his supporters started an agitation this morning demanding an underground subway at Vadalibhoi in Nashik district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'