Shiv Sena MLA, supporters ransack toll booth
Nashik: Shiv Sena MLA Anil Kadam and his supporters on Thursday allegedly ransacked a toll-booth near Pimpalgaon Baswant on the Mumbai-Agra national highway in Nashik district of Maharashtra, enraged over demand of toll.
Video footage aired by a private news channel also purportedly showed Kadam abusing the all-female staff at the booth.
Police said that Kadam apparently lost his cool because the staff demanded toll from him while the MLAs are exempted from toll.
Kadam was travelling in a private car at the time.
However, police authorities could not confirm if any case had been registered against Kadam, who represents Niphad constituency in Maharashtra Assembly.
In a similar incident late last night, supporters of Samjajwadi Party MLA Abdul Rashid Momin ransacked a tool booth at Kasheli near Bhiwandi in Thane district and assaulted the staff because the legislator was asked to pay toll.
While the MLA was present during the incident, he later denied that he had instigated or led the attack.
In an unrelated incident, toll recovery at Mangrulphata on the Mumbai-Agra national highway was affected after Chandwad MLA Shirish Kotwal (independent) and his supporters started an agitation this morning demanding an underground subway at Vadalibhoi in Nashik district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what