Shiv Sena MLA, supporters ransack toll booth
Nashik: Shiv Sena MLA Anil Kadam and his supporters on Thursday allegedly ransacked a toll-booth near Pimpalgaon Baswant on the Mumbai-Agra national highway in Nashik district of Maharashtra, enraged over demand of toll.
Video footage aired by a private news channel also purportedly showed Kadam abusing the all-female staff at the booth.
Police said that Kadam apparently lost his cool because the staff demanded toll from him while the MLAs are exempted from toll.
Kadam was travelling in a private car at the time.
However, police authorities could not confirm if any case had been registered against Kadam, who represents Niphad constituency in Maharashtra Assembly.
In a similar incident late last night, supporters of Samjajwadi Party MLA Abdul Rashid Momin ransacked a tool booth at Kasheli near Bhiwandi in Thane district and assaulted the staff because the legislator was asked to pay toll.
While the MLA was present during the incident, he later denied that he had instigated or led the attack.
In an unrelated incident, toll recovery at Mangrulphata on the Mumbai-Agra national highway was affected after Chandwad MLA Shirish Kotwal (independent) and his supporters started an agitation this morning demanding an underground subway at Vadalibhoi in Nashik district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Volkswagen agrees to $14.7 billion payout in US emissions probe
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic