Shiv Sena MLA to resign for taking on Nirupam
Mumbai: Local Shiv Sena MLA Vinod Ghosalkar
on Sunday said he was going to resign as legislator, to take on
Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam.
"As I am an MLA, I have some limitations. I cannot
violate the constitutional oath. Therefore, I have decided to
submit my resignation (as MLA) to party executive president
Uddhav Thackeray on November 5," Ghosalkar said.
Nirupam had recently said that north Indians in Mumbai
can bring the city to halt, as they render some essential
services. This started off a war of words between him and
Sena. Nirupam also dared the three Thackeray`s (Uddhav, Aditya
and MNS chief Raj Thackeray) to move around without security.
Ghosalkar said, "After resigning, I will take on
Sanjay Nirupam for making statements against Uddhavji and
Ghosalkar also took the responsibility for defacing of
the Nirupam`s posters in latter`s constituency in North
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez