Shiv Sena MLA to resign for taking on Nirupam
Mumbai: Local Shiv Sena MLA Vinod Ghosalkar
on Sunday said he was going to resign as legislator, to take on
Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam.
"As I am an MLA, I have some limitations. I cannot
violate the constitutional oath. Therefore, I have decided to
submit my resignation (as MLA) to party executive president
Uddhav Thackeray on November 5," Ghosalkar said.
Nirupam had recently said that north Indians in Mumbai
can bring the city to halt, as they render some essential
services. This started off a war of words between him and
Sena. Nirupam also dared the three Thackeray`s (Uddhav, Aditya
and MNS chief Raj Thackeray) to move around without security.
Ghosalkar said, "After resigning, I will take on
Sanjay Nirupam for making statements against Uddhavji and
Ghosalkar also took the responsibility for defacing of
the Nirupam`s posters in latter`s constituency in North
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH