Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut injured in mishap
Pune: Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut was
injured on Sunday when the car he was travelling in collided with
another vehicle on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway here, police
Raut`s car lost control and rammed into another vehicle,
reportedly after a tyre burst, they said.
Doctors at the Lokmanya hospital in Nigdi near here,
where the MP has been admitted, said Raut had suffered a head
injury but was "conscious and stable" and would be kept under
observation for the next 48 hours in the ICU.
Sena leader Gajanan Babar told PTI that Raut, who is also
a senior journalist, was showing signs of improvement.
"A CT scan was performed on Raut. There is nothing to
worry as he is able to speak," he said.
Five others accompanying the MP suffered minor injuries
in the accident, which took place near Talegaon village.
Raut, a Rajya Sabha member, was heading for Pune when the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'