Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut injured in mishap
Pune: Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut was
injured on Sunday when the car he was travelling in collided with
another vehicle on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway here, police
Raut`s car lost control and rammed into another vehicle,
reportedly after a tyre burst, they said.
Doctors at the Lokmanya hospital in Nigdi near here,
where the MP has been admitted, said Raut had suffered a head
injury but was "conscious and stable" and would be kept under
observation for the next 48 hours in the ICU.
Sena leader Gajanan Babar told PTI that Raut, who is also
a senior journalist, was showing signs of improvement.
"A CT scan was performed on Raut. There is nothing to
worry as he is able to speak," he said.
Five others accompanying the MP suffered minor injuries
in the accident, which took place near Talegaon village.
Raut, a Rajya Sabha member, was heading for Pune when the
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match