Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut injured in mishap
Pune: Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut was
injured on Sunday when the car he was travelling in collided with
another vehicle on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway here, police
Raut`s car lost control and rammed into another vehicle,
reportedly after a tyre burst, they said.
Doctors at the Lokmanya hospital in Nigdi near here,
where the MP has been admitted, said Raut had suffered a head
injury but was "conscious and stable" and would be kept under
observation for the next 48 hours in the ICU.
Sena leader Gajanan Babar told PTI that Raut, who is also
a senior journalist, was showing signs of improvement.
"A CT scan was performed on Raut. There is nothing to
worry as he is able to speak," he said.
Five others accompanying the MP suffered minor injuries
in the accident, which took place near Talegaon village.
Raut, a Rajya Sabha member, was heading for Pune when the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional