Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut injured in mishap
Pune: Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut was
injured on Sunday when the car he was travelling in collided with
another vehicle on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway here, police
Raut`s car lost control and rammed into another vehicle,
reportedly after a tyre burst, they said.
Doctors at the Lokmanya hospital in Nigdi near here,
where the MP has been admitted, said Raut had suffered a head
injury but was "conscious and stable" and would be kept under
observation for the next 48 hours in the ICU.
Sena leader Gajanan Babar told PTI that Raut, who is also
a senior journalist, was showing signs of improvement.
"A CT scan was performed on Raut. There is nothing to
worry as he is able to speak," he said.
Five others accompanying the MP suffered minor injuries
in the accident, which took place near Talegaon village.
Raut, a Rajya Sabha member, was heading for Pune when the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know