Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut injured in mishap
Pune: Shiv Sena MP Bharatkumar Raut was
injured on Sunday when the car he was travelling in collided with
another vehicle on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway here, police
Raut`s car lost control and rammed into another vehicle,
reportedly after a tyre burst, they said.
Doctors at the Lokmanya hospital in Nigdi near here,
where the MP has been admitted, said Raut had suffered a head
injury but was "conscious and stable" and would be kept under
observation for the next 48 hours in the ICU.
Sena leader Gajanan Babar told PTI that Raut, who is also
a senior journalist, was showing signs of improvement.
"A CT scan was performed on Raut. There is nothing to
worry as he is able to speak," he said.
Five others accompanying the MP suffered minor injuries
in the accident, which took place near Talegaon village.
Raut, a Rajya Sabha member, was heading for Pune when the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users