Shiv Sena MP Wakhchaure on way to Congress?
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MP from Shirdi Bhausaheb Wakhchaure on Tuesday visited Congress office here to "discuss" issues pertaining to his constituency.
However, speculations are rife that he would formally join the Congress at a rally to be held at Shrirampur in Ahmednagar district on February 24 in presence of Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde and Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, state unit president Manikrao Thakre and ministers from Ahmednagar district Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Balasaheb Thorat were present at the meeting.
Thakre told reporters that a rally will be held at Srirampur on February 24 where the future political direction of the constituency will be announced.
Earlier, Chavan told office-bearers from Ahmednagar district that Congress will put a determined fight against the opposition agenda of divisive politics.
Wakhchaure had defeated RPI leader Ramdas Athavale from Shirdi Lok Sabha seat in 2009.
He had joined the Sena after he was denied ticket by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands