Shiv Sena MP Wakhchaure on way to Congress?
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MP from Shirdi Bhausaheb Wakhchaure on Tuesday visited Congress office here to "discuss" issues pertaining to his constituency.
However, speculations are rife that he would formally join the Congress at a rally to be held at Shrirampur in Ahmednagar district on February 24 in presence of Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde and Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, state unit president Manikrao Thakre and ministers from Ahmednagar district Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Balasaheb Thorat were present at the meeting.
Thakre told reporters that a rally will be held at Srirampur on February 24 where the future political direction of the constituency will be announced.
Earlier, Chavan told office-bearers from Ahmednagar district that Congress will put a determined fight against the opposition agenda of divisive politics.
Wakhchaure had defeated RPI leader Ramdas Athavale from Shirdi Lok Sabha seat in 2009.
He had joined the Sena after he was denied ticket by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre