Shiv Sena MP Wakhchaure on way to Congress?
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MP from Shirdi Bhausaheb Wakhchaure on Tuesday visited Congress office here to "discuss" issues pertaining to his constituency.
However, speculations are rife that he would formally join the Congress at a rally to be held at Shrirampur in Ahmednagar district on February 24 in presence of Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde and Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, state unit president Manikrao Thakre and ministers from Ahmednagar district Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Balasaheb Thorat were present at the meeting.
Thakre told reporters that a rally will be held at Srirampur on February 24 where the future political direction of the constituency will be announced.
Earlier, Chavan told office-bearers from Ahmednagar district that Congress will put a determined fight against the opposition agenda of divisive politics.
Wakhchaure had defeated RPI leader Ramdas Athavale from Shirdi Lok Sabha seat in 2009.
He had joined the Sena after he was denied ticket by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'