Shiv Sena MP Wakhchaure on way to Congress?
Mumbai: Shiv Sena MP from Shirdi Bhausaheb Wakhchaure on Tuesday visited Congress office here to "discuss" issues pertaining to his constituency.
However, speculations are rife that he would formally join the Congress at a rally to be held at Shrirampur in Ahmednagar district on February 24 in presence of Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde and Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, state unit president Manikrao Thakre and ministers from Ahmednagar district Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Balasaheb Thorat were present at the meeting.
Thakre told reporters that a rally will be held at Srirampur on February 24 where the future political direction of the constituency will be announced.
Earlier, Chavan told office-bearers from Ahmednagar district that Congress will put a determined fight against the opposition agenda of divisive politics.
Wakhchaure had defeated RPI leader Ramdas Athavale from Shirdi Lok Sabha seat in 2009.
He had joined the Sena after he was denied ticket by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter