Shiv Sena retains Mayor in NMC
Nashik: Shiv Sena candidate Naina Gholap was
elected as Mayor of the Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) in
the Mayoral elections held on Monday.
Gholap polled 51 votes while her opponent Congress-NCP
candidate Maya Dive polled 39 votes.
With 12 MNS remaining neutral, Shiv Sena retained the
post with the help of independents, NMC sources said.
Meanwhile, Devayani Pharande of BJP won the deputy Mayor
elections defeating Congress-NCP candidate Manohar Borade.
Pharande polled 51 votes, while Borade could muster only 39.
In the 107-member NMC, Shiv Sena has 24 members, BJP 14,
MNS 12, Congress 21, NCP 17, BSP 3, RPI 2, CPM 1, LJP 1, SP 1,
PWP 1 and others 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi