Shiv Sena sacks five-time MP Mohan Rawale
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Monday sacked Mohan Rawale, its senior leader and five-time Lok Sabha MP from Mumbai, for dissidence, a party spokesperson said.
The expulsion was ordered shortly after Rawale addressed a press conference in which he launched a no-holds-barred attack on the party leadership and alleged that Shiv Sena was becoming "a party of touts".
The developments came just four days after stern Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray made it clear that all those who did not like his leadership were "free to leave the party".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India