Shiv Sena seeks CID probe into suicide attempt by IPS officer
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Monday demanded a CID probe into the alleged attempt by IPS officer RK Sahay to commit suicide.
"We demand a CID inquiry into the suicide attempt by Sahay. Earlier, too, DCP Sanjay Banerjee committed suicide.
"There could be various reasons like work pressure or family problems (leading to the suicides), but the truth should come out," Shiv Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe told reporters here.
Additional Director General-rank Sahay was posted at the Police Housing and Welfare Corporation.
He attempted to commit suicide yesterday by setting himself ablaze at his official residence in South Mumbai, allegedly over some domestic issue.
Sahay suffered 60 per cent burns and has been admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) at Bombay Hospital.
Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil, who visited the hospital to enquire about the officer`s health, said that doctors were trying their best.
"No suicide note has been recovered from his residence," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read