Shiv Sena seeks special legislature session on Adarsh report
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Saturday demanded that a special session of Maharashtra legislature be convened to discuss the report of Adarsh Commission of Enquiry.
Sena leaders put forth the demand in a meeting with Governor K Sankaranarayanan here this evening.
"Action should be taken against the politicians involved (in Adarsh Society scam) along with guilty bureaucrats," the Sena leaders said in a memorandum submitted to the Governor.
"There is confusion on whether it was the Governor or the state government which refused permission to CBI to prosecute former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan (who has been indicted by the Adarsh commission)," the memorandum said. "You should use your special powers and give directives.
"You should also direct CBI to find the real owners of the benami flats in the Adarsh society," it said.
The delegation included Subhash Desai, Diwakar Raote, Ramdas Kadam and Dr Neelam Gorhe, alongwith a dozen Sena MLAs.
The Governor assured the delegation that he will discuss the points raised by it with the Chief Minister, the party said in a statement later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price