Shiv Sena seeks special legislature session on Adarsh report
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Saturday demanded that a special session of Maharashtra legislature be convened to discuss the report of Adarsh Commission of Enquiry.
Sena leaders put forth the demand in a meeting with Governor K Sankaranarayanan here this evening.
"Action should be taken against the politicians involved (in Adarsh Society scam) along with guilty bureaucrats," the Sena leaders said in a memorandum submitted to the Governor.
"There is confusion on whether it was the Governor or the state government which refused permission to CBI to prosecute former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan (who has been indicted by the Adarsh commission)," the memorandum said. "You should use your special powers and give directives.
"You should also direct CBI to find the real owners of the benami flats in the Adarsh society," it said.
The delegation included Subhash Desai, Diwakar Raote, Ramdas Kadam and Dr Neelam Gorhe, alongwith a dozen Sena MLAs.
The Governor assured the delegation that he will discuss the points raised by it with the Chief Minister, the party said in a statement later.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev