Shiv Sena to build Bal Thackeray`s `temple` in Bhadrawati
Chandrapur: Even as bickering is on in Mumbai over the venue for Bal Thackeray`s memorial, the Bhadravati municipal corporation in distant Chandrapur district in East Maharashtra is mulling construction of `temple` dedicated to the Shiv Sena patriarch.
"A temple of late Balasaheb Thackeray shall be built in the temple town of Bhadrawati in the district with the cooperation of municipal corporation," district unit Shiv Sena president Balu Dhanorkar announced in a press conference.
He claimed that the proposal was approved by the party executive president Uddhav Thackeray and the process of completing various formalities has begun.
Dhanorkar said the temple would be spread on 5-acre of land complete with garden, a library, a community hall and photographs depicting political journey of the Shiv Sena supremo.
"The proposed structure is likely to cost around Rs 2 crore and the required funds shall be generated with the help of Shiv Sena MLAs, MLCs and MPs and other political leaders," he said.
Shiv Sena is the ruling party at the civic body for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof