Shiv Sena to build Bal Thackeray`s `temple` in Bhadrawati
Chandrapur: Even as bickering is on in Mumbai over the venue for Bal Thackeray`s memorial, the Bhadravati municipal corporation in distant Chandrapur district in East Maharashtra is mulling construction of `temple` dedicated to the Shiv Sena patriarch.
"A temple of late Balasaheb Thackeray shall be built in the temple town of Bhadrawati in the district with the cooperation of municipal corporation," district unit Shiv Sena president Balu Dhanorkar announced in a press conference.
He claimed that the proposal was approved by the party executive president Uddhav Thackeray and the process of completing various formalities has begun.
Dhanorkar said the temple would be spread on 5-acre of land complete with garden, a library, a community hall and photographs depicting political journey of the Shiv Sena supremo.
"The proposed structure is likely to cost around Rs 2 crore and the required funds shall be generated with the help of Shiv Sena MLAs, MLCs and MPs and other political leaders," he said.
Shiv Sena is the ruling party at the civic body for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP