Shiv Sena to build Bal Thackeray`s `temple` in Bhadrawati
Chandrapur: Even as bickering is on in Mumbai over the venue for Bal Thackeray`s memorial, the Bhadravati municipal corporation in distant Chandrapur district in East Maharashtra is mulling construction of `temple` dedicated to the Shiv Sena patriarch.
"A temple of late Balasaheb Thackeray shall be built in the temple town of Bhadrawati in the district with the cooperation of municipal corporation," district unit Shiv Sena president Balu Dhanorkar announced in a press conference.
He claimed that the proposal was approved by the party executive president Uddhav Thackeray and the process of completing various formalities has begun.
Dhanorkar said the temple would be spread on 5-acre of land complete with garden, a library, a community hall and photographs depicting political journey of the Shiv Sena supremo.
"The proposed structure is likely to cost around Rs 2 crore and the required funds shall be generated with the help of Shiv Sena MLAs, MLCs and MPs and other political leaders," he said.
Shiv Sena is the ruling party at the civic body for the past 15 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!