Shiv Sena to construct ashram school, hospital for tribals
Thane: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray has assured tribals of Thane district to help them by providing ashram school and hospital in the region.
During his visit to the tribal region of Thane district`s Mokhada taluka yesterday, Uddhav said Shiv Sena will make all efforts to uplift the living conditions of tribals there.
He said the Sena will not only construct an ashram school but also a well-equipped hospital in the region. Free education would be provided to tribal children in this school, he said.
The Sena chief visited ashram schools and primary health centres in Khodala area yesterday where he was accompanied by Sena MLAs from Thane Ekanth Shinde, Rajan Vichare and Pratap Sarnaik.
On the occasion, Uddhav distributed sarees to more than 250 tribal women and sweets to children from the region.
Appraising himself with the present state of the region with regard to malnutrition, he criticised the state Congress-NCP government for bothering little about the health of the tribal children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy