Shiv Sena to construct ashram school, hospital for tribals
Thane: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray has assured tribals of Thane district to help them by providing ashram school and hospital in the region.
During his visit to the tribal region of Thane district`s Mokhada taluka yesterday, Uddhav said Shiv Sena will make all efforts to uplift the living conditions of tribals there.
He said the Sena will not only construct an ashram school but also a well-equipped hospital in the region. Free education would be provided to tribal children in this school, he said.
The Sena chief visited ashram schools and primary health centres in Khodala area yesterday where he was accompanied by Sena MLAs from Thane Ekanth Shinde, Rajan Vichare and Pratap Sarnaik.
On the occasion, Uddhav distributed sarees to more than 250 tribal women and sweets to children from the region.
Appraising himself with the present state of the region with regard to malnutrition, he criticised the state Congress-NCP government for bothering little about the health of the tribal children.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory