Shiv Sena to construct ashram school, hospital for tribals
Thane: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray has assured tribals of Thane district to help them by providing ashram school and hospital in the region.
During his visit to the tribal region of Thane district`s Mokhada taluka yesterday, Uddhav said Shiv Sena will make all efforts to uplift the living conditions of tribals there.
He said the Sena will not only construct an ashram school but also a well-equipped hospital in the region. Free education would be provided to tribal children in this school, he said.
The Sena chief visited ashram schools and primary health centres in Khodala area yesterday where he was accompanied by Sena MLAs from Thane Ekanth Shinde, Rajan Vichare and Pratap Sarnaik.
On the occasion, Uddhav distributed sarees to more than 250 tribal women and sweets to children from the region.
Appraising himself with the present state of the region with regard to malnutrition, he criticised the state Congress-NCP government for bothering little about the health of the tribal children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’