Shiv Sena to construct ashram school, hospital for tribals
Thane: Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray has assured tribals of Thane district to help them by providing ashram school and hospital in the region.
During his visit to the tribal region of Thane district`s Mokhada taluka yesterday, Uddhav said Shiv Sena will make all efforts to uplift the living conditions of tribals there.
He said the Sena will not only construct an ashram school but also a well-equipped hospital in the region. Free education would be provided to tribal children in this school, he said.
The Sena chief visited ashram schools and primary health centres in Khodala area yesterday where he was accompanied by Sena MLAs from Thane Ekanth Shinde, Rajan Vichare and Pratap Sarnaik.
On the occasion, Uddhav distributed sarees to more than 250 tribal women and sweets to children from the region.
Appraising himself with the present state of the region with regard to malnutrition, he criticised the state Congress-NCP government for bothering little about the health of the tribal children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack