Shiv Sena to distribute knives to ‘empower’ women
Mumbai: On the occasion of Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray‘s birth anniversary on Wednesday, some Shakhas of the Shiv Sena will distribute knives to women to ‘empower’ them.
Sena leaders behind the move say that the idea to distribute knives to women emerged from their view that the government had failed to provide security to women. The knives will empower women and provide them security, they feel.
A news channel quoted a Sena leader as saying, “Bal Thackeray used to say women should prefer a Rampuri in their purse rather than a lipstick."
The knives that are to be distributed are of Chinese make and have a retractable three inch blade. A knife with less than 6 inch blade is allowed as per law.
However, it appears that the ‘distribute knife’ campaign is being organised at the local level without the top leadership in the know.
Today is an important day for the Sena as Uddhav Thackeray is set to be formally anointed as the party chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously