Shiv Sena to install noise barriers at Shivaji Park Dussehra rally
Mumbai: Following the Bombay High Court`s
judgement over maintaining the noise level of 50 decibel
during Dussehra rally Sunday, the Shiv Sena has decided to
install noise barriers in central Mumbai`s Shivaji Park
ground, which falls under the silence zone.
"We would have noise barriers across the ground at
certain distance to maintain the noise level of 50 decibels.
The party has taken help from technical experts to do so," a
Sena leader said.
Shiv Sena`s Dussehra rally, which has been a static
feature for over last four decades, this year will have an
For the first time, three generations of Thackerays
would share the dais as the party is all set to launch `Yuva
Sena`, to be helmed by Aditya, grandson of Sena chief Bal
Earlier, city police, citing silence zone norms, had
denied permission to the historic rally, held at Shivaji Park
in central Mumbai, following which the party moved the High
The court asked the police and municipal authorities
to allow Sena`s rally at the same place but said the
organisers must abide by Noise Pollution Control Rules, 2010.
As per the rules, noise level cannot exceed 50 decibel in
With technical support the sainiks would be able to
hear their leader this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final