Shiv Sena wants minors to be disallowed at New Year parties in Pune
Pune: The Shiv Sena has asked district authorities here to ensure that minor girls and boys are not allowed to participate in the New Year parties held at hotels and pubs in and around the city.
In a memorandum submitted to Pune Collector Vikas Deshmukh, the Shiv Sena MLC Neelam Gorhe said that in view of the spate of crimes being committed against women it was necessary that police and revenue department officials took strict measures in order to prevent untoward incidents that happen during such celebrations where alcohol is served.
Gorhe said the officials should use their discretion in granting permission to such parties and maintain a vigil monitoring prescribed time limits.
City BJP MLA Girish Bapat also declared that the party activists would stage demonstrations in front of major police stations in the city on December 29 and 30 in support of their demand for speedy registration of cases against eve teasers and those indulging in drunk driving during New Year celebrations.
Meanwhile, Pune police commissioner Gulabrao Pol has announced that the department would organize a Karate camp in January for college girls to impart training in self defence with participation of women constables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug