Shiv Sena wants minors to be disallowed at New Year parties in Pune
Pune: The Shiv Sena has asked district authorities here to ensure that minor girls and boys are not allowed to participate in the New Year parties held at hotels and pubs in and around the city.
In a memorandum submitted to Pune Collector Vikas Deshmukh, the Shiv Sena MLC Neelam Gorhe said that in view of the spate of crimes being committed against women it was necessary that police and revenue department officials took strict measures in order to prevent untoward incidents that happen during such celebrations where alcohol is served.
Gorhe said the officials should use their discretion in granting permission to such parties and maintain a vigil monitoring prescribed time limits.
City BJP MLA Girish Bapat also declared that the party activists would stage demonstrations in front of major police stations in the city on December 29 and 30 in support of their demand for speedy registration of cases against eve teasers and those indulging in drunk driving during New Year celebrations.
Meanwhile, Pune police commissioner Gulabrao Pol has announced that the department would organize a Karate camp in January for college girls to impart training in self defence with participation of women constables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi