Shiv Sena wants minors to be disallowed at New Year parties in Pune
Pune: The Shiv Sena has asked district authorities here to ensure that minor girls and boys are not allowed to participate in the New Year parties held at hotels and pubs in and around the city.
In a memorandum submitted to Pune Collector Vikas Deshmukh, the Shiv Sena MLC Neelam Gorhe said that in view of the spate of crimes being committed against women it was necessary that police and revenue department officials took strict measures in order to prevent untoward incidents that happen during such celebrations where alcohol is served.
Gorhe said the officials should use their discretion in granting permission to such parties and maintain a vigil monitoring prescribed time limits.
City BJP MLA Girish Bapat also declared that the party activists would stage demonstrations in front of major police stations in the city on December 29 and 30 in support of their demand for speedy registration of cases against eve teasers and those indulging in drunk driving during New Year celebrations.
Meanwhile, Pune police commissioner Gulabrao Pol has announced that the department would organize a Karate camp in January for college girls to impart training in self defence with participation of women constables.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'