Shiv Sena will come to power after Maha Assembly polls: Uddhav
Thane: Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday asked the people in Maharashtra to throw Congress-NCP Government out of power and asserted that his party will rule the state after the next Assembly elections.
"Corruption has become rampant in the Congress-NCP Government, which is making all efforts to divert people`s attention from important issues, he said, addressing a public rally at the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in this district adjoining Mumbai.
"People should vote out the ruling Democratic Front coalition in the next Assembly election, due in 2014, and bring back the Sena-led Opposition to power, he said.
The Sena-BJP alliance is out of power in Maharashtra since 1999.
Uddhav said, "NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s dream of becoming the Prime Minister will never materialise. Likewise, his nephew and NCP leader Ajit Pawar is not going to become Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi