Shiv Sena wrests Bhiwandi East seat from Samajwadi Party
Thane: Shiv Sena candidate Rupesh Mhatre
on Saturday won the by-election from Bhiwandi East Assembly seat in
Maharashtra defeating his nearest rival Farhan Azmi of
Samajwadi Party by a margin of 1,676 votes.
Mhatre bagged 35,376 votes against Azmi`s 33,700.
With this win, the saffron outfit has wrested the
seat, dominated by members of the minority community, from the
Samajwadi Party in this district neighbouring Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi