Shiv Sena`s vision document for Maharashtra not new: Congress
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Friday rubbished Shiv Sena`s "vision document" for the state saying that most of the issues highlighted have already been either addressed, proposed by the government or are in the pipeline.
Addressing a press conference, MPCC spokesman Sachin Sawant said the vision document of the Sena can be described as an essay by those who have continuously failed in their exam on how to improve the education system.
Shiv Sena yesterday unveiled its vision document, which focuses on upgradation of infrastructure, health, tourism, employment opportunities, agriculture and industrial development in the state.
Hitting out at Shiv Sena-ruled MCGM, Sawant said that Tripadvisor, a tourism portal, in its recent surveys and even Forbes Magazine in 2007 had described Mumbai as one the dirtiest city in the world.
"In 2011, a survey by the union Urban Development Ministry ranked Mumbai at 43rd place in public sanitation. From 2003-2011, the target of constructing public toilets in Mumbai was 35,000 but only 2,100 were constructed," Sawant said.
"If the Shiv Sena cannot run Mumbai`s civic body, what will it do in the state," he said.
The civic body has not been able to ensure zero garbage and uninterrupted water supply.
"Electricity generation from garbage has been an election promise in civic elections by the Shiv Sena. But never implemented it," he alleged.
Referring to the issue of women empowerment promise by Shiv Sena, Sawant asked the party to clarify its stand on allegations of its women leaders Shubha Raul and Sheetal Mhatre against certain leaders.
On the industrial development point in the vision document, he said, "How will a party, which is known to scare away industrial houses (companies), bring industrial development in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Wow! UP govt to set up theme park on K Asif's magnum opus ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ in Etawah
- India 'A' leads table with 11 points despite match with South Africa 'A' being abandoned due to rain
- Sakshi Malik's felicitation ceremony: Fans disappointed, as Netas hog limelight, wrestler doesn't get to speak
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I Preview: Two countries enter new world of cricket in United States