Shivaji`s memorial to be completed in 3 years: Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Tuesday said the construction of Chhatrapati Shivaji memorial off the Arabian Sea will be completed in three years.
The work of erecting statues and memorial of other noted personalities like Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj in Kolhapur, B R Ambedkar in Mumbai and former chief minister late Marotrao Kannamwar in Vidarbha would also be completed in stipulated time period, he said while replying to supplementary demands in the Legislative Assembly.
"It is true that the work on erecting the statue of Shivaji Maharaj was delayed due to security and environmental issues. But we will complete the project in three years," Pawar said.
The government passed Rs 1,370 crore of supplementary demands after discussion here in the Assembly.
The issue was raised by Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse, who lamented that nothing much has taken place after announcement of establishment of memorials.
"We are not against the memorials of tall personalities. But the government has failed to complete them. The government makes on budgetary provisions for the statues and memorials but what has happened to the statue of Shivaji Maharaj, Savitribai Phule statue, Dr Ambedkar memorial promised by the government?" Khadse asked.
MNS leader Bala Nandgaokar supported Khadse`s views and demanded that the statue of late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray be erected at the gates of the Assembly.
"Balasaheb was one of the biggest leaders of Maharashtra and I have been demanding to build his statue at Vidhan Bhavan gates," Nandgaokar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections