Shivaji`s mid-sea memorial: Government may issue tender afresh
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government on Monday informed the Bombay High Court that it had not yet taken a final decision on the award of tender for the construction of mid-sea memorial of King Shivaji.
Advocate General Darius Khambata made the statement before the division bench of Justices S J Vajifdar and Anil Menon, in response to a petition by Team Architects One Pvt Ltd, which has challenged the project and sought a stay to the opening of submitted bids.
Khambata said in fact the government was planning to issue a fresh tender as very few bids were received earlier.
The petitioner firm then sought time to file a rejoinder, following which the court adjourned the hearing to June 23.
A 300-feet statue of Maratha king Shivaji has been proposed to be put up in the Arabian Sea, facing the Marine Drive in south Mumbai. The project also includes a museum, an aquarium, a library and an amphitheatre.
According to the petitioner firm, the government had earlier selected its plan for the memorial, but later it backed out, causing the firm a loss.
The state`s affidavit gives the reasons for rejecting the petitioner`s plan. The current plan has been prepared by Rajiv Mishra, principal of JJ School of Architecture.
On the last occasion the court had refused to grant a stay to the opening of bids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3