Shivrajya Party to contest 288 Maha assembly seats
Yavatmal: The national president of the Shivrajya Party Brigadier Sudhir Sawant dubbed Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket tournaments as gambling to launder billions in black money and said that his party would protest against it.
He was addressing a crowded press conference at the government guest house at Yavatmal on Tuesday where he is on a district level contact mission to build up the party so that it can contest all 288 assembly seats in the 2014 state elections.
"Our door is open to secular parties having their ideology akin to ours," he said, adding that his party may strike a pre-poll alliance with such parties to keep communal parties out of power.
When asked if his party would support the demand to pardon Sanjay Dutt, he alleged that Sanjay Dutt is closely connected to underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
"In fact, the punishment imposed on Dutt is certainly so mild that he should be sent behind bars without any leniency," Sawant said, ridiculing former Supreme Court judge sitting chairman of the Press Council of India (PCI) Markandeya Katju who said that he would fight for Dutt to be pardoned.
"Equality before law cannot be diluted at any cost," and demanded that Katju be shunted out of PCI chairmanship.
Any attempt to pardon Sanjay Dutt will send a wrong message that would definitely lead to anarchy and destabilisation of the nation, he said.
If his party is voted to power, he said that he would enact a law to prohibit ownership of plots admeasuring more than 3000 square feet until the urban roofless poor are granted 500 square feet plots to live.
The rich have been flourishing while the poor forced to lead a life below the status of a rich man`s dog, he said, adding that the prevailing situation in the country should change and economic justice should be ensured through effective legislations.
He said that industries, power plants and beverage distilleries have adequate supply of water, while poor farmers are deprived of it.
"To brew a litre of beer, which is a drink of the rich, 11 litres of water is needed," he said and added that his party had given an ultimatum to the government to stop water supply to distilleries and big factories before April 10 and that if the government fails to concede their demand, the Shivrajya Party would launch a statewide mass agitation.
He appealed to the people to come forward to build a dynamic country where there is no corruption, poverty or scandals. He assured a corruption free government dedicated to uphold India`s constitution which envisages equality and socio-economic justice for one and all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?