Show-cause notice to MLC for abusive language
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party MLC
Ram Pandagale, suspended for the entire Budget session of
Maharashtra legislature for his conduct in the Upper House,
has been issued show-cause notice by the party on the issue.
On March 20, while debating the issues related to
workers of the defunct textile mills in the metropolis,
Pandagale had shared an anecdote about former Prime Minister
Indira Gandhi using unparliamentary language, leading to an
uproar in the House.
Congress legislator Zainuddin Zaveri strongly objected
to it and used abusive language against Pandagale. Zaveri was
suspended for three days.
"Pandagale has been issued show-cause notice, asking
him to desist from maligning the image of the party," NCP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon