Show-cause notice to MLC for abusive language
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party MLC
Ram Pandagale, suspended for the entire Budget session of
Maharashtra legislature for his conduct in the Upper House,
has been issued show-cause notice by the party on the issue.
On March 20, while debating the issues related to
workers of the defunct textile mills in the metropolis,
Pandagale had shared an anecdote about former Prime Minister
Indira Gandhi using unparliamentary language, leading to an
uproar in the House.
Congress legislator Zainuddin Zaveri strongly objected
to it and used abusive language against Pandagale. Zaveri was
suspended for three days.
"Pandagale has been issued show-cause notice, asking
him to desist from maligning the image of the party," NCP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount
- Shah Rukh Khan just apologised to 'Dil Se' co-star Preity Zinta! Here's why