Show-cause notice to MLC for abusive language
Mumbai: Nationalist Congress Party MLC
Ram Pandagale, suspended for the entire Budget session of
Maharashtra legislature for his conduct in the Upper House,
has been issued show-cause notice by the party on the issue.
On March 20, while debating the issues related to
workers of the defunct textile mills in the metropolis,
Pandagale had shared an anecdote about former Prime Minister
Indira Gandhi using unparliamentary language, leading to an
uproar in the House.
Congress legislator Zainuddin Zaveri strongly objected
to it and used abusive language against Pandagale. Zaveri was
suspended for three days.
"Pandagale has been issued show-cause notice, asking
him to desist from maligning the image of the party," NCP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears