Show-cause notice to Saibaba temple trust
Shirdi: The Maharashtra Government has served a show-cause notice to the trust managing Saibaba temple here for spending lakhs of rupees on a slew of projects without taking its permission, an RTI query has revealed.
Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust, which spent the money on providing basic amenities like roads in Shirdi town, has been served the notice by Law and Judiciary Department, Sandeep Kulkarni, RTI activist who filed the query related to spending on projects by the temple managing body, said on Saturday.
The department has demanded clarification in this regard from the trust, said Kulkarni, who had also sought details of some other financial matters.
Sources in the trust confirmed receiving the notice.
Kulkarni said it has been observed that the existing management board (trustees) of the Sansthan, in the past too, had spent crore of rupees on various projects without taking permission from the Government.
The State Government appoints the board of trustees, who manage the famous temple in Western Maharashtra.
Sansthan has given its thousands of employees wages as per the 6th Pay Commission without taking permission from the Government, the RTI activist said.
In another violation of Government rules, Sansthan has distributed bonus to its employees, which is not permitted, Kulkarni maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling