Show-cause notice to Saibaba temple trust
Shirdi: The Maharashtra Government has served a show-cause notice to the trust managing Saibaba temple here for spending lakhs of rupees on a slew of projects without taking its permission, an RTI query has revealed.
Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust, which spent the money on providing basic amenities like roads in Shirdi town, has been served the notice by Law and Judiciary Department, Sandeep Kulkarni, RTI activist who filed the query related to spending on projects by the temple managing body, said on Saturday.
The department has demanded clarification in this regard from the trust, said Kulkarni, who had also sought details of some other financial matters.
Sources in the trust confirmed receiving the notice.
Kulkarni said it has been observed that the existing management board (trustees) of the Sansthan, in the past too, had spent crore of rupees on various projects without taking permission from the Government.
The State Government appoints the board of trustees, who manage the famous temple in Western Maharashtra.
Sansthan has given its thousands of employees wages as per the 6th Pay Commission without taking permission from the Government, the RTI activist said.
In another violation of Government rules, Sansthan has distributed bonus to its employees, which is not permitted, Kulkarni maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore