Sindhi leader from Ulhasnagar Sai Balram no more
Thane: Sai Balram, a prominent Sindhi saint and politician from Ulhasnagar town in the district died of a massive heart attack in Vadodara on Tuesday, family sources said.
Balram, who was instrumental in changing the power equations in the town, died at the age of 48 at the Sterling Hospital in Vadodara. He is survived by wife and two sons, sources said.
"Sai Balram`s body will be brought to Ulhasnagar late today and the last rites would be performed tomorrow," official spokesman of the Sai Party said.
Balram, who headed the Sai Party, was revered as a saint in Sindhi community and was the president of the Dharmadas Darbar, an organisation working in the field of social welfare.
During the 2007 civic elections, a number of corporators quit the NCP to contest the polls under the banner of Sai Party. Seventeen corporators of the party had got elected in the polls. His party was also supported by the BJP-Shiv Sena combine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'