Sindhi leader from Ulhasnagar Sai Balram no more
Thane: Sai Balram, a prominent Sindhi saint and politician from Ulhasnagar town in the district died of a massive heart attack in Vadodara on Tuesday, family sources said.
Balram, who was instrumental in changing the power equations in the town, died at the age of 48 at the Sterling Hospital in Vadodara. He is survived by wife and two sons, sources said.
"Sai Balram`s body will be brought to Ulhasnagar late today and the last rites would be performed tomorrow," official spokesman of the Sai Party said.
Balram, who headed the Sai Party, was revered as a saint in Sindhi community and was the president of the Dharmadas Darbar, an organisation working in the field of social welfare.
During the 2007 civic elections, a number of corporators quit the NCP to contest the polls under the banner of Sai Party. Seventeen corporators of the party had got elected in the polls. His party was also supported by the BJP-Shiv Sena combine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside