SIT records Kripashankar Singh`s statement in DA c
Mumbai: The Special Investigating Team, probing the alleged amassing of disproportionate assets by former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his family on Monday recorded his statement.
Singh arrived at the Police Commissionerate around noon alone and SIT recorded his statement at least for an hour, an IPS officer told a news agency on condition of anonymity.
Various questions relating to his properties were asked
He, however, declined to reveal the questions posed to Singh citing confidentiality.
Asked if he would be called again, the officer replied in the negative and added Singh`s family members might be called for recording statements.
The Supreme Court had in September granted eight weeks time to the SIT to complete its probe into the alleged amassing of wealth disproportionate to the known sources of income of Singh. The court had asked Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh to head the team replacing Arup Patnaik who was elevated to the rank of DGP.
The Maharashtra government has already submitted to the Supreme Court two reports on the SIT probe in sealed covers about the alleged benami assets of Singh and his family.
The first report was filed on April 16 in compliance with the March 13 order of the Supreme Court, which had asked the SIT to probe and collect documentary evidence regarding all movable and immovable properties of Singh and his family, including his wife, son, daughter-in-law and daughter and file its report in a sealed cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report