Six arrested for dowry harassment in Thane
Thane: Six members of a family from Rabodi
area here were arrested by Thane police last night on the charges of harassing a woman for dowry, police said Monday.
Shradda Umesh Ghatge (22) had lodged a complaint against
her in-laws. In the complaint, she alleged that they would
harass her for dowry.
They had started demanding the house belonging to her
father at Kharigaon Kalwa to be made into their names, police
However, when she did not oblige, they continued to
inflict pain on her, they added.
Based on the complaint, police booked six members of the
family including Umesh Ghatge, Rukmani Bajrao Ghatge, Jyoti
Bharat Ghatge, Mahesh Bajirao Ghatge, Sonu Ghatge and Bharat
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support