Six booked in farmers` suicide case
Yavatmal: Six persons have been booked in
connection with the suicide of a Nanded-based farmer in front
of the District Collector`s office on January 26, police said.
The six accused--Pravin Shinde from Arni, Pradip
Kaliram Jadhav from Pusad, Mohan Bihade, Amol Bihade and
Bahadur Khan Faruqui, all residents of Takali and Vyenkatesh
Bute, a resident of Kawta Bazar have been booked under
relevant sections of IPC, police said.
All of them are absconding and police has launched a
search to nab them, they said.
Aziz Chandkhan Faruqui (45), a resident of Takali
(Lakmapur) in Nanded committed suicide on the Republic Day by
consuming poison after authorities failed to respond to his
numerous pleas for stopping the alleged transportation of sand
through his farm, which was destroying the standing crops,
He took the extreme step after authorities did not
take action against the sand mafias and refused him any
Depressed, Faruqui threatened to kill himself on
Republic Day but the pleas went unheard following which he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections