Six booked in farmers` suicide case
Yavatmal: Six persons have been booked in
connection with the suicide of a Nanded-based farmer in front
of the District Collector`s office on January 26, police said.
The six accused--Pravin Shinde from Arni, Pradip
Kaliram Jadhav from Pusad, Mohan Bihade, Amol Bihade and
Bahadur Khan Faruqui, all residents of Takali and Vyenkatesh
Bute, a resident of Kawta Bazar have been booked under
relevant sections of IPC, police said.
All of them are absconding and police has launched a
search to nab them, they said.
Aziz Chandkhan Faruqui (45), a resident of Takali
(Lakmapur) in Nanded committed suicide on the Republic Day by
consuming poison after authorities failed to respond to his
numerous pleas for stopping the alleged transportation of sand
through his farm, which was destroying the standing crops,
He took the extreme step after authorities did not
take action against the sand mafias and refused him any
Depressed, Faruqui threatened to kill himself on
Republic Day but the pleas went unheard following which he
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor