Six detained in rape, murder of 9-year-old girl in Kurla
Mumbai: Six persons have been detained in
connection with the rape and murder of a nine-year-old girl,
whose body was found in police quarters in suburban Kurla
on Sunday, police said here today.
"We have detained six persons and are gathering
circumstantial evidence. A special team has been formed to
trace the accused at the earliest," said Deputy Police
Commissioner Dilip Sawant.
The body of a nine-year-old girl, who went missing
since Saturday evening, was found raped before being murdered
and her body was discovered on the terrace of building No
109 at the police quarters on Sunday morning, they said.
Ironically, Nehru Nagar police station`s Senior
Inspector Prakash Kale stays in the same building, that is
merely 10 metres away from his police station.
The deceased`s father had on Sunday at 12.30 am filed
a missing person`s complaint after his daughter went missing
since Saturday evening.
The girl`s body was discovered at around 9.00 am on
Sunday morning, when the son of a cop staying in the building
went to the terrace.
This is the second such incident in a month’s time in
Kurla area. On February 8, a five-year-old girl was allegedly
raped and murdered at a construction site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt