Six drug peddlers held in Nashik
Nashik: Six members of a gang allegedly involved in drug trafficking were arrested in Nashik and `charas` worth Rs 14 lakh was recovered from them, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, the local crime branch intercepted two cars near Adgaon-Shivar on the Mumbai-Agra national highway on Wednesday night, Nashik Commissioner of Police Kulwant Kumar Sarangal told reporters last evening.
During the search, charas was found hidden in bags, he said.
According to preliminary information, the drug was being transported from Nepal border of Uttar Pradesh.
The main leader of the gang is yet to be arrested, police said.
The accused have been identified as Shaikh Nazir Ahmed, Nikhil Suresh Gaikwad, Javed Jabbar Khatik, Salman Osman Shaikh, Ilyyas Mehmood Shaikh and Chandrashekhar Shorekar.
A case was registered against them and the drug samples were sent to forensic laboratory for examination, police said.
The accused were produced in a local court which remanded them to police custody till December 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Three held in France in August for planning attacks: Minister
- Some officers creating hurdles in govt schemes: Akhilesh Yadav
- Snapdeal lines up Rs 200 cr marketing blitz for festive season
- Vodafone India, Idea Cellular in exploratory merger talks
- Chandigarh will always be integral part of Punjab: Parkash Singh Badal