Six fishermen rescued off Daman coast
Mumbai: Six fishermen from Gujarat were
Friday by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) after their
boats began sinking, 30 nautical miles west off Daman coast, a senior official said here.
"We got a distress call at about 1.30 AM today.
Immediately, we started the operation. A vessel and a Dornier
aircraft was pressed into service to rescue the fishermen,"
said ICG Inspector General SPS Basra.
"The sinking boat and the fishermen were spotted in the
sea after a few hours. Subsequently, they were rescued and are
being taken to Gujarat," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren