Six fishermen rescued off Daman coast
Mumbai: Six fishermen from Gujarat were
Friday by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) after their
boats began sinking, 30 nautical miles west off Daman coast, a senior official said here.
"We got a distress call at about 1.30 AM today.
Immediately, we started the operation. A vessel and a Dornier
aircraft was pressed into service to rescue the fishermen,"
said ICG Inspector General SPS Basra.
"The sinking boat and the fishermen were spotted in the
sea after a few hours. Subsequently, they were rescued and are
being taken to Gujarat," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!