Six fishermen rescued off Daman coast
Mumbai: Six fishermen from Gujarat were
Friday by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) after their
boats began sinking, 30 nautical miles west off Daman coast, a senior official said here.
"We got a distress call at about 1.30 AM today.
Immediately, we started the operation. A vessel and a Dornier
aircraft was pressed into service to rescue the fishermen,"
said ICG Inspector General SPS Basra.
"The sinking boat and the fishermen were spotted in the
sea after a few hours. Subsequently, they were rescued and are
being taken to Gujarat," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them