Six held for robbing bakery owner of Rs 21 lakh in Pune
Pune: Six persons who robbed the owner of the famous Kayani Bakery here of Rs 21 lakh by posing as CBI officials, have been arrested, police said on Tuesday.
The incident had taken place on Sunday when Sohrab Kayani (59) was duped by a gang of fake CBI men, who allegedly conducted searches after a tip-off that the businessmen had hidden Rs 100 crore for a hawala deal at his residence in the city.
The robbers then fled with the money under the pretext of sealing the house, police said.
The arrested accused have been identified as: Sunil Kasbe, Manish Oza, Pramod Rathod, Rajesh Shirke, Atul Patankar and Nilesh Sonawane, Senior Police Inspector Ram Pathare from Swargate police station said.
Five of them were arrested from Thane except for Sonawane who is a former employee of Kayani Bakery and allegedly masterminded the plan.
Also, a car, fake CBI identity cards, and Rs 5.2 lakh was seized from the accused, he said.
Police claimed the robbers confessed that they got inspired by Neeraj Pandey`s recent Hindi movie `Special 26`, for committing the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'